Sunday, June 29, 2014

Van's bad dream

Van's bad dream that I want to remember forever:

This morning Van rolled over and said groggily but convincingly, "ohhh I just had the WORST dream."

The way he said it, I assumed he had dreamed about sharks or something else really awful. I asked him what it was and he said:

"I dreamed that it was back when we were dating… we weren't married, and we had given up our relationship, but we had remained friends. We were at a mutual friends' wedding, both with other people… and both engaged to these other people. I asked you to dance, and while we were dancing, I kept thinking, "I should have married HER!  Then I woke up and was so relieved that I had, and that the dream was not my reality!"

I am so fortunate to have a husband who loves, cherishes, and values me the way he does. So glad I didn't mess it all when we were dating (as I many times tried to push him away…)

No comments:

Post a Comment