Saturday, September 29, 2012

Yosemite

“Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts. There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature -- the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after winter.” 
― Rachel Carson

Van and I are sort of addicted to traveling. We have chosen not to have a house payment or a car payment... so that all of our splurges can go towards adventures. We know this freedom may not last forever, so we are living it up while we can.

Our most recent adventure was to Yosemite National Park. Van had the opportunity to visit Yosemite a few years ago on a guys trip with his Dad and Alex, but I had not had the opportunity to visit the "jewel" of the National Parks. So, the week of our 6th anniversary, we headed to San Francisco and then onto Yosemite.

Probably the highlight of the trip, though for me, was Van's excitement. He was so excited for me to finally see his favorite National Park, he even opted out of fly fishing because it would cramp the time that I had in the park. His thrill for me was so sweet.

We had a blast. I would highly recommend a visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment