Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Today I am thankful

It's November. The month for thanks-giving. On Facebook, many of my friends daily give thanks for something. So today, the day after being disappointed with the re-election of President Obama, I want to express my thankfulness for the democracy within which I live.

Fifty-six. Since the inception of this country, we have had 56 presidential elections and following these elections, we have successfully transferred or maintained the power peacefully and non-violently.

Not even in the American Civil War was this process disputed! Most of us take this for granted as we go about our daily lives, but take this time to reflect on what an awesome achievement this is... miraculous even.

This concept was unheard of even just a few lifetimes. A concept that was inconceivable. This idea changed the world.

So today, although I am disappointed in the election results, I am thankful.

I ultimately believe that God is in control. And that He holds the heart if the king, turning it whichsoever way He likes. And so I will not fear. I will not despair. My hope is not in this world.

May God bless the United States of America, and may God bless President Obama.

No comments:

Post a Comment