Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thankful

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. And this year I was super thankful for the opportunity to have my family (minus my sister, brother-in-law, and niece) and Van's parents with us in our new house for Thanksgiving. It was a little chaotic at times with so much stuff still needing to be unpacked and organized from our recent move (one week before) and with so many people, but I love that with family (and close friends) there's no need to apologize or make excuses for such messes and chaos. It's a no judgement zone. :)

My Mom and I cooked some of my favorite traditional thanksgiving foods... including my Grandma McCaleb's amazing dressing recipe and my Aunt Elaine's broccoli casserole dish. And I made a new cranberry dish that my friend Stephanie introduced to us two Thanksgivings ago which is a new favorite of Van's... and thus a new tradition on the yearly menu.



No comments:

Post a Comment